We are looking for a skilled QA Engineer for our growing QA team. This individual is eager to contribute immediately in our full stack (hw and sw) project environments. You have technical experience testing hardware and software projects. You can disassemble a device and put it back together as easily as you can debug log files from iOS applications or web services. You will support and evolve systems, define procedures and create test automation scripts to improve quality and troubleshoot bugs. You will also provide quality-focused consulting for our Development and Product Management teams. If you are looking to advance your professional career in a fast-moving, Agile, startup environment, we’d love to speak with you.
This position reports to the Software QA Manager and will be based in Los Gatos, CA.
- Execute manual/functional testing. Identify, reproduce and help diagnose defects in core and under-development features.
- Identify opportunities for and script automation tests.
- Collaborate with dev teams to create and execute test plans.
- Vet and reproduce customer reports and transcribe them into the bug tracking system.
- BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a QA Engineer in related technology domain
- Experience testing iOS applications and peripherals
- Experience testing embedded systems
- Experience testing hardware projects (e.g., drivers, firmware, components) and web services
- Ability to think independently and proactively create, improve and document high-quality test cases
- Ability to communicate complex technology to a non-technical audience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment
- Familiar with Github and source control
- Comfortable presenting to stakeholders
- Adaptable, flexible and autonomous
Additional Qualifications a Plus
Knowledge of or experience with camera or optics systems
Executive Assistant / Office Manager
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will facilitate the successful administration of Tascent’s office. By managing the administration of the CEO’s office and the overall office operations, you will be an integral part of team that will shape and define Tascent as the leader in biometric systems and interfaces. This challenging, multi-faceted role will require an individual who is highly organized, an excellent communicator and has the ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment. You will be the face of Tascent to both internal and external audience. If you thrive on keeping individuals and groups organized and operating efficiently, we want to hear from you!
This position reports to the CEO and will be based in Los Gatos, CA.
- Manage CEO’s calendar including scheduling of Board meetings and onsite client visits
- Provide full office administrative support to the CEO
- Coordinate travel for executives
- Manage general office communications representing Tascent to both internal and external audience
- Manage office organization and appearance
- Greet visitors and provide general support to visitors
- Manage and provide adhoc general administrative support to other employees as needed
- Organize office operations, assist in improving company procedures and day to day operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment procurement and set up
- Serve as the point person for:
– Office/Facilities Maintenance
– Invoices as relating to office expenses
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Manage accounts payable and receivables in relation to purchases on Tascent’s corporate credit card
- Manage office food services
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, supplies, onsite food supplies, hardware, office equipment, and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, building management.
- Plan and coordinate in-house or off-site activities, meetings, celebrations and conferences.
- 5-7 years of previous Executive Assistant experience or equal work experience
- 3-4 years as an office manager and/or office administrator.
- 4 year degree strongly preferred with additional qualification as an administrative assistant
- Proficient with a variety of office software (email tools, online meeting tools, online expense reporting tools, spreadsheets and databases)
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. printers, phones and video and audio conferencing)
- High level of proficiency with technology to address problem solving with Mac and PC operation issues
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism and the ability to securely manage confidential information
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Marketing Communications Manager
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional who can lead a wide variety of marketing activity including written and visual content generation, product support materials, and ongoing customer engagement. This individual will have primary responsibility for communicating product features and functionality, deployment references and case studies, and broader industry-level perspectives. The Marketing Communications Manager will feel equally at home in both digital and physical domains, with skill in managing website, written collateral, video and still content and social media. Coordinating a wide range of creative partners around the world will be key – while this individual will be expected to take direct ownership of content creation in certain cases, in others it will be vital to manage expert partners in video, print, and digital media. The candidate will be able to engage deeply in both traditional marketing communications activity as well as aspects of product marketing and product management. Tascent is seeking out a highly dynamic individual who can cross domains in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment.
This position reports to the VP Sales & Marketing and will be based in Los Gatos, CA.
- Develop market-facing content including presentations, web pages, datasheets, whitepapers, and videos for sales and marketing efforts to generate demand and position Tascent as the leader in the market
- Manage creative development partners through creation of digital, video, print, and photographic assets
- Define and manage plans for product launches, coordinating efforts across product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams
- Contribute to the overall marketing plan with go-to-market ideas and approaches
- Support sales activities including pricing and partner programs
- Help develop product positioning and messaging based on knowledge of Tascent product capabilities, competitors, and customer/market requirements
- Work with demand generation and sales teams to ensure consistent messaging throughout the buyer journey
- Work closely with content and public relations teams to develop and execute content strategies to generate demand and strengthen the Tascent brand
- Compile and manage competitive information and analysis, and provide resources for sales to successfully position
- A successful track record as a Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Manager or Product Manager for a high technology company for 3-5 years
- BS/BA in Business or Technical Program
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies / new product capabilities and to translate them into value propositions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; very comfortable discussing product and market details with analysts, sales teams, and senior executives from business and technical perspectives
- Strong creative skills and background with visual content development; Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and leading web platforms such as WordPress is preferred
- Working knowledge of marketing programs and end-to-end demand generation Experience is preferred
- Some travel required (approx. 15%)
- Ability to think creatively and drive innovative ideas
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work at a fast pace and manage multiple projects
- High attention to detail and quality with the ability to manage changing deadlines and balance shifting priorities
- Results-oriented individual with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude and demonstrated pattern of accountable decision-making