Product Manager - Access Control (USA)
Tascent is expanding our team to include a dedicated Product Manager for our Access Control line. The Product Manager will play the crucial role of driving Tascent’s biometric Access Control product strategy in pursuit of optimal product/market fit, and ensuring successful delivery of outstanding, category-leading products. As a key conduit between external and internal groups, this individual will be uniquely positioned to provide product vision and articulate technical requirements to internal organizations while communicating and advocating product functions, features, and benefits to the sales force and customer base.
The Product Manager will help to craft and communicate an ongoing, long-term product roadmap aligned with corporate objectives, business development activities, and technology trends. Additionally, the Product Manager will work hand-in-hand with R&D and Engineering to help determine feature tradeoffs based on customer requirements, market opportunities, development resources and program schedules. This individual will have a keen sense of the successful interplay between hardware devices and software applications and services, and will have responsibility spanning hardware and software paradigms.
This position is a great opportunity to drive innovation and disruption into the Access Control space; no prior experience of biometric technologies is required, but a deep understanding of the Access Control ecosystem is critical, as is an aptitude for technology, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.
Successful candidates will have an energetic, results-driven approach, and the ability to communicate effectively with partners and end-customers on both business and technical levels. We are open to applications from anywhere within the US – remote interaction will be the norm, and frequent travel can also be expected.
The Product Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Develop a clear product strategy including product goals, features/functions, market positioning, pricing, and financial performance objectives.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive marketing requirements documents (MRDs), technical product documentation (PRDs), and marketing outreach materials.
- Develop and execute product launch plans, addressing marketing communications, promotions, demos, internal training, interface with strategic partners and distributors, product certifications, and positioning for new products and major release.
- Work hand-in-hand with hardware and software engineering teams to ensure successful product development execution in line with defined requirements.
- Participate with marketing communications in outbound marketing of the products, including trade press, advertising, tradeshows, customer presentations, and collateral materials.
- Represent the company at trade shows and selected marketing events, and provide on-site support for trial deployments and strategic installations.
- Collaborate with services support staff to escalate unresolved product issues and work with customers and internal team to resolution.
- Capture, evaluate, and disseminate competitive market information.
- A passion to create, establish and maintain leading-edge products.
- Proven experience in driving product strategy, design, and development, with a strong grasp of the product development lifecycle.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and confidently present strategies to cross-functional teams, senior management and external partners.
- Ability to work closely with technical teams to assess and communicate issues related to software, user interface design, human factors / usability engineering, industrial design, and mechanical engineering.
- Resourceful and results-oriented, with ability to manage competing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong organizational management skills, quantitative and analytical capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Deep knowledge of the Access Control market space and technical ecosystem gained through at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- 3 years of relevant experience in Product Management, with a focus on technical products.
Additional Qualifications a Plus
Tascent harnesses the power of biometrics to enable frictionless experiences in a connected world. Our focus is on creating intuitive hardware, software, and end-to-end solutions that streamline critical identity processes, while making the experiences more fulfilling. Today, our biometric systems operate in some of the most challenging environments, serving tens of millions of people each year.