Software QA Engineer (Wrocław, Poland)
Tascent’s developer teams create and deliver cutting-edge biometric hardware devices, software applications and services, and end-to-end customer solutions.
The Software QA Engineer works through the software testing process, from developer handoff through integration test, system test, and performance test, until handing off to the Customer QA team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting features development and product releases efforts, contributing to the development of Tascent’s most sophisticated biometric capabilities.
A key part of the Tascent Engineering team, the Software QA Engineer will report to the Software Delivery Manager, working alongside other internal and external development and QA engineers.
Typical activities undertaken by the Software QA Engineer include:
- Drive Software QA activities according to the plan and taking ownership of their successful completion.
- Automated test development and maintenance according to the product specification and test plan.
- Identify software quality risks, manage actively quality issues, propose remedial actions
- Provide input on software QA best practices and methodologies; assist with the implementation of SQA process improvements.
- Manage and build positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and delivery resources, both internal and external to Tascent.
- Work closely with Tascent’s various Polish and HQ teams to support the effective delivery of Tascent’s products.
- At least 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer or similar position.
- Good understanding of software QA methodologies and practices.
- Experience with test case design, automation, and maintenance for software and hardware products.
- Working knowledge of programming languages e.g. Java, C++
- Experience with test case design, automation, and maintenance.
- Experience with CI / CD (TeamCity, Jenkins) and version control systems (git)
- Testing/automation experience under Win10 and Linux OSes
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a positive and collaborative approach to issue resolution.
- A “can-do” attitude and positive outlook.
- A flexible approach, and ready adaptation to changing priorities.
Additional Qualifications a Plus
- Knowledge of biometrics technologies, industry, ISO standards for facial, iris, and/or fingerprint.
- Experience with UML
- Familiarity with database design and SQL query languages.
- Experience with data aggregation and visualization tools.
- Experience testing mobile products e.g. phone handsets.
- Familiarity with optics and the physics of optical systems.